What?! You might be thinking, “But no one goes into my bedroom!”
That, my friend, is the point!
There is a natural order to things in life. We were designed to put our Faith first, our spouse second, our kids third, and then our work.
When we make cleaning and maintaining order in our bedroom a priority and create an inviting space a couple of things happen:
- We create a personal sanctuary that we enjoy after a long hard day.
- We create a space that encourages us to start our day with peace, meditation, and prayer. And we do the same for our spouse! If you would like to read a book that changed the way I handle mornings, read this one!
- We set a mood.
Imagine if your spouse was excited to spend time with you everyday in a special space? A space that is free of clutter. Where the sheets smell nice and the bed looks inviting. What would that do for you both? I will let you use your imagination and keep this post G-rated. I know that when my husband comes into our bedroom with a nicely made bed, his clothes put in their proper place and isn’t tripping over toys or some clutter we shoved in there the last time company came, it makes him feel special, peaceful, and loved. Ladies, we want that!
What Can I Do Today?
So today, look at your bedroom. Even if you are single, this is still important. Your bedroom is the place where you start and end your day. Set the intention for your day. Don’t know where to start? Here are a few tips that can be accomplished in one hour OR LESS
- Clear the clutter from your dresser, side table, floor, etc. Put it in a box in the closet or garage to sort through tomorrow.
- Put away clothes! I am the worst about having a basket of clean laundry at the foot of the bed. Take 5-10 minutes to get rid of the basket properly.
- Strip your bed and clean your mattress.Learn more about the How and Why here. Place fresh clean sheets and blankets on the bed and make it up!
- Place some fresh flowers and/or an essential oil diffuser in your bedroom. You can get a diffuser here. Scent the room with relaxing and romantic fragrances. Some favorites of mine are Jasmine, Ylang ylang, Idaho Blue Spruce and Lavender. This is where I get mine.
These are some super simple ways to set the stage for your most important relationships..with your faith, yourself, and your spouse!
In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, check out some of these more holiday oriented posts from some friends of mine: