Potato Soup-My Favorite Comfort Food
My absolute favorite comfort food is what I call Loaded Baked Potato Soup. It’s warm , starchy, and creamy. What more could you want? Potatoes get a bad rap these days, but I consider them a nutritious comfort food myself. This potato soup is made with good quality ingredients and is very filling and satisfying. I hope you enjoy it!
Recipe for Loaded Baked Potato Soup:
3lbs russet potatoes, washed and peeled, and diced
1/2 onion or white part of a leek, chopped
3-5 cloves of garlic, minced
3-4c chicken stock or water
1-2 c half and half, cream, or whole milk I personally prefer the half and half
Grated cheese, green onion
A few strips of bacon
1. In a Dutch oven cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels and crumble into bacon bits.
2. Cook onions and garlic in bacon grease or good quality butter or coconut oil
3. Add potatoes and stock. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium and cook potatoes. They should fall apart. This usually takes 20-30 minutes.
4. Do not drain potatoes. Remove pot from heat. Add half and half, salt, and pepper.
5. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with cheese, green onions, and bacon bits. Serve with good crusty bread for extra comfort and carbs and enjoy the yumminess!